The INSARAG Technical Guidance Notes provide non-binding guidance to USAR teams beyond what is specified as minimum requirements by the INSARAG Guidelines. These Technical Guidance Notes are prepared by the INSARAG working groups and then endorsed by the INSARAG Steering Group. Please note that these Technical Guidance Notes are not parts of the INSARAG Guidelines, they are only good practices and recommendations. They are not the expectations from INSARAG member USAR teams or those USAR teams that undergo the INSARAG External Classification (IEC) process.
The following Technical Guidance Notes have been endorsed so far:
Medical Guidance Notes:
1. Amputations and Dismemberment (endorsed in 2011)
2. Identification of USAR Medical Personnel (endorsed in 2011)
3. Post Mission Medical Reporting (endorsed in 2011)
4. Provision of Medical Care in an Austere Environment Specifically in a Confined Space (endorsed in 2011)
5. Recovery of Deceased During USAR Operations (endorsed in 2011)
6. The Donation of Medical Supplies and Equipment Prior to Demobilisation (endorsed in 2011)
7. The Medical Management of the Entrapped Patient with Crush Syndrome (endorsed in 2012)
8. Patient Treatment Record (endorsed in 2012)
9. Urban Search and Rescue in Extreme Environmental Conditions (endorsed in 2014)
Recommended USAR Operations Guidance Notes by the Training Working Group:
1. Generic Risk Assessments - Rescues From Confined Spaces and Collapsed Structures ( Source : UK) (uploaded June 2013)
2. Manual for cold conditions (Source CMCFinland) (Upload October 2013).
3. USAR dogs and cold conditions (Source CMCFinland) (Upload October 2013).